Art Walk on April 4 to Feature "Flower Power" by Carmen Rein

Come down to the "Flower Power" exhibit in the Chapel during Art Walk this Thursday, April 4 from 5 to 8 pm! We will feature the creative imaginings of Carmen Rein. 


Carmen Rein, Carmen Rein Arts


I am a non-traditional artist who approaches art from a unique, joyful, and eclectic perspective. I do this through various acrylic paintings, mixed-media, assemblage, collages, wire-wrapped jewelry, and resin art. I am best known for my (acrylic) paintings of flowers, birds, and abstracts, which I render in bright and unexpected colors.


The manifestation of my resolve to tell stories from my perspective through my artistic expressions of choice is what comes to mind. I open myself up to the expression of thoughts, dreams, and anything my hands can touch -- with no regard for fitting into the artist’s molds of societal expectations. What I am most proud of is the sense of accomplishment I feel when people respond to my art with a smile, a teardrop, a giggle, or relate in a way that suggests they ‘get’ me. To see that my creations can bring about such emotions in others makes me feel more fulfilled than proud. 

I am a recent transplant to Clarksville from Westchester County, New York.  I have found the serenity of Clarksville to be the perfect place for me to follow my bliss as I now devote myself full-time to creating Art in all its forms, which has become a passion, if not an obsession for me. I remember the day I first picked up a paintbrush and carefully followed instructions which, to my amazement, resulted in the transformation of a blank canvas to one that exploded with color. A spark was lit, and I haven’t stopped painting since. I am happy to be on this journey to grow and develop skills as a Visual Artist.

I love color and the explosive quality of colors. Painting nature, flowers, birds, and landscapes is a joy.  I believe in channeling my creativity into paintings to produce unique artwork. Everything inspires my work – from the everyday routine to the miracles of chance and whimsy.

Carmen Rein Arts was born out of the joy I feel from painting and creating something from a blank canvas.  My unique and complex experiences allow for a different perspective to be reflected in my art. I am somewhat contemporary and yet traditional – eclectic would best describe my interest in general and in my art – Art is how I strengthen and enhance myself in response to the stresses and distractions of life. Painting, for me, offers a new way of focusing and viewing each day in all its explosion of colors, moods, and hope.

Comments