Music Spotlight: "You Turn My Tears to Dancing" by Hannah Cruse

"You Turn My Tears to Dancing," which will be performed on March 26, is based on Psalm 30 and my personal experience with health struggles over the years. This is a proclamation of praise despite and even because of hardship. Our lowest lows in life can show us the true love of God. The darkest pits of despair reveal a light unimaginably bright and warm. The love of the Father is deeper and more unconditional than we could ever comprehend. We do not need to prove our worth to be worthy of this love. We are worthy because God made us--because God calls each of us by name. I hope this song brings you assurance and peace, as the songwriting process has to me. 
- Hannah Cruse 

Verse 1 - 2
When I felt secure, I said to my God,
"I never will be shaken."
Finding beauty was so easy then
When You called, when You called my name.
Some days I'm caged down in the depths
Wailing, "Have I lost Your favor?"
Then you lift me for a moment, Lord
When You call, when You call my name.

Chorus
You turn my tears to dancing!
You stir my heart to joy.
You turn my tears to dancing! 
I can't help but sing your praise. 

Verse 3
In despair, I hold onto your Word:
Weeping lasts but through the night.
In the morning, true rejoicing comes
When You call, when You call my name. 

Bridge
When life feels bleak and painful,
We must search for all that's bright.
There's a lot of love to go around
When God calls our names.

Comments