Music Spotlight! (Sunday, October 24, 2021)

My name is Allister Banasiak, and I am a Junior at Clarksville High School and have been proudly attending this church for over 16 years. I don’t have too much free time these days, but what I have is spent watching football, reading, or playing my piano. I am a proud Titans and Volunteers fan and will cheer for them all day long. I usually play random things on my piano. However, I occasionally write music that I eventually play in church.

Prelude

"How We Spread God’s Light" by Allister Banasiak


For our prelude this Sunday, I will be playing a song I wrote called “How We Spread God’s Light." I wrote this a few months ago when I was playing around with some chords and found an order and melody I liked. The harder part was writing the lyrics to the song. I listen to a lot of country music, and one song that was an inspiration for this song was “Humble and Kind” by Tim McGraw, and I sort of thought about what that means in my life and turned that into a song. I hope y’all enjoy it Sunday Morning!

(Verse 1)

Every time you help someone

You’re spreading his light

Be it big or be it small

It doesn’t really matter

Because helping someone else will always spread his light


(Verse 2)

Lending a helping hand to a neighbor

Talking to the new person, that no one else will

Delivering food to those in need

And doing it all over again


(Verse 3)

Taking the time to go that extra mile

Knowing your friend needs help without them asking

These are the things we do, all through our lives

These are the things we do, that help us spread his light


(Chorus)

Inviting a friend on Sunday 

Holding that door open 

For someone you don’t even know

Helping to serve others. 

One at a time 

There are many ways we spread, his light in our lives 


(Allister's inspiration song, "Humble and Kind" by Tim McGraw)

Comments